The first annual Taste of the Teche - Presented by Rouses Markets gives local cooks and local businesses in the Teche area the opportunity to compete against one another to be recognized as the creme de la creme of Cajun Country and receive a lifetime of bragging rights. Any parties looking to compete and take advantage of this unique marketing opportunity by displaying signage and giving out merchandise, should register as a "Restaurant Professional Chef." Any participants interested in simply being in the competition, should enter as "local home cook/chef." General Admission for attendees will include entrance to the event and 5 voting tickets. There will be a cash bar and live music!
All guideline of the Louisiana mask mandate will be followed at the event.
Rules & Regulations:
- All entry forms must be submitted by Friday, Oct. 22, 2021.
- All contestants must arrive by 5:30 p.m. to set up their stations.
- Judging/Sampling will begin at 6 p.m.
- You must bring your own signage for your table to identify yourself and your dish.
- All food must arrive cooked, prepared offsite.
- Food must be served preplated in sample sizes.
- Contestants are responsible for keeping their dishes warm/cool.
- Contestants are responsible for bringing all sampling/ serving flatware and plateware.
- Contestants registered as "Restaurant Professional Chef" may display signage and merchandise.
- Contestant registered as "Local Home Cook/Chef" may only display signage stating what their dish is.